January 4, 2012

WMEB playlist - 4/20/1991

I'm re-posting the playlist from the 4/20/91 WMEB Radio Show I broadcast nearly twenty years ago, now with links to YouTube videos where possible.  Enjoy what college/alternative rock sounded like before Nirvana thrust it kicking and screaming into the mainstream...

The I Love You Song - Blackgirls 
Flying the Flannel - fIREHOSE
I Guess I'm Falling In Love (instrumental version) - Velvet Underground  (alternate version)
Senses Working Overtime - XTC
Outside of a Small Circle of Friends - Phil Ochs
Like A Hurricane - Neil Young
Decide - The Feelies
The Last Days of Pompeii - Nova Mob (featuring Grant Hart of Hüsker Dü)
Drive That Fast - Kitchens of Distinction
Lament (live) - King Crimson
The Trouble With Classicists - Lou Reed & John Cale
Chase - Moe Tucker
Love in a Burning Universe - The Darkside
Vote Elvis - Popinjays
Big Ass On Fire - Happy Family
Strawman - Lou Reed
Fishy Swa Ska - Fishbone
Farewell to John Denver - Monty Python
My Wife and My Dead Wife - Robyn Hitchcock & the Egyptians
The Gift - Velvet Underground
The Bottom Line - Big Audio Dynamite
Public Image - Public Image Ltd.
Pictures of Matchstick Men - Camper Van Beethoven
Hey Grandma - The Move
Writing Wrongs - The Monkees
Radio Free Europe - R.E.M.
I've Changed My Address - The Jam
Lonesome Bulldog - Butthole Surfers (alternate version - live on MTV)
Rock N Roll (live) - Lou Reed
Revolution Come and Gone - Beat Happening
Hammerhead - Laughing Academy 
Sunless Saturday - Fishbone
Starless - King Crimson
Würm (from "Starship Trooper") - Yes (My closing credits)
Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds - William Shatner
Hey Mersh - Moe Tucker

No comments: